(As of 2014 a new California law(SB 407) requires owners of any single family home in Culver City that is at least 20 years old and is adding square footage or are making permanant improvements to their home MUST ALSO install brand new water-conserving plumbing fixtures throughout the entire house.)Hiring a licensed plumbing contractor offers many additional protections to you, the property owner. Such as: a licensed plumber has to be bonded and insured to protect your assets, such as your home and all your possessions.
Even though every homeowner thinks of this important necessity when hiring a contractor, many choose to cut corners and decide NOT to factor this needed expense into the budget. Trying to save a few dollars can cost you a whole bunch more with a bad business decision to hire inexperienced and
Here are a few facts to remember:
- Any scope of work over $500 requires a licensed and bonded contractor.
- If your "the home owner" contracts with an unlicensed plumber, then you "the home owner" can be held liable for on the job injuries sustained by the unlicensed workers(plumbers) and their employees.
- In contrast to these worrisome scenarios, a licensed plumber must pay a $12,500 bond. A monetary protection against violations.
- The state license board will help investigate claims and disputes against unethical plumbers at no cost to homeowner.
- Although very helpful and informative, the BBB or Chambers of Commerce are NOT government agencies and have NO Power to enforce ANY laws and are therefore usless when it comes to verification of a plumber being licensed or not.
Bob & Marc Plumbing STRONGLY suggest's that all homeowners verify contractor standings with CSLB always with any other service being performed at your home or business at this web site: